We offer three tools to help you distribute digital and POD titles to your customers.
- OLD Complimentary Copy Tool - Customers pay for shipping + print base price
- NEW Complimentary Copy Tool - You upload a CSV file of Backer information and pay for shipping + print base price.
- You order copies in bulk and Fulfill Customer Orders Yourself.
If you're wondering how to use these Complimentary Copy Tools, keep reading!
Groups are a convenient way to create large lists of people to whom you can easily send complimentary copies. You can enter information for individual group members or upload a CSV file to import a multitude of customers' information at once.
Uploading a CSV File
Use this template to create your CSV file, or use one from a Kickstarter backerlist export. To ensure your Group is uploaded correctly, please double check the following:
- The first line of your CSV file must be the header row from the template.
- Remove the example data in the second row of the template.
- Each line of the CSV file must be in order: First name, last name, email address.
- Each group member must have a unique email address.
- If you plan to send this group printed titles, then also include address1, address2, city, state, postal code, and country. For best results, country should be designated with the "Alpha-2 code" as found in this country codelist.
- Each field of the CSV file must be separated by a comma. e.g. John,Doe,123 Main St.,email@example.com.
Once your Group has been successfully uploaded, you'll see each individual backer's information populate the table of Existing Group Members. There, you'll be able to edit or delete group members as needed. We recommend using your browser's Find function (usually Ctrl+F on PCs) to find a specific name in a large group.
OLD Complimentary Copy Tool
You can also use our OLD Complimentary Copy Tool if you want to send bundles of digital titles, rather than select each title in the bundle.
- First, select which product and format you intend to send complimentary copies of.
- Then, you can Add, Edit, or Upload Groups.
- If you're sending out digital titles using this tool, you can add your top customers, determined by life-to-date purchases of your products, or add recipients by e-mail.
- Lastly, you can add a message for your recipients. They will receive an email with your message, followed by a link to get your digital title (if applicable), and login information if we created an account for their email.
New Complimentary Copy Tool
- First, select the titles, format, and quantity of each title you'd like to send.
- To create a Group from this page, click Jump to Recipients Groups.
- Then, click Next.
- On the next page, you'll be able to Add, Edit, or Upload Groups.
- Make sure you're using this template to create your CSV file, or use one from a Kickstarter backerlist export.
- If you have already uploaded Groups, you'll see each Group with an empty box next to it. Simply check the box of the Group you'd like to send complimentary copies to.
- Group names displayed in red have incomplete addresses or errors.
PLEASE be sure to double-check addresses of your customer(s): DriveThru is not responsible for replacing print-on-demand books or cards if the customer's address is entered incorrectly. Books or cards with an incorrect address will be replaced at the partner's expense.
- You can also add a message for recipients on this page.
- For digital download titles, each recipient will receive an email with your message, followed by their unique link to get your titles, followed by (only if we created an account for their email) log-in information.
- For printed titles, each recipient will receive a gift order confirmation email. An order will be added to their account with your message included in the purchase notes of the order.
- Payment for complimentary copies is made using funds from your customer account credit balance (not publishing account earnings balance).
- The Payment page will display your order total, your current customer account credit, and how much account credit still needed if applicable. If you do not have enough customer account credit, you may purchase Gift Certificates here.
- Finally, the Confirmation page will provide you with an overview of your order. Double check and ensure all of your details are entered correctly, and then click Confirm.
If you have any questions about sending complimentary copies, feel free to reach out to your Partner Relations representative at PartnerRelations@roll20.net. We're happy to help.